Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stonemann

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Am thinking of buying an iPhone 7 from ebay. The price is 320 UK pounds compared to 449 at the Apple Store. The seller describes it as "Factory Unlocked" with the following disclaimer:

NOTE THESE PHONES ARE NOT SEALED BUT ARE BRAND NEW. SEAL WAS OPENED FOR UNLOCKING PURPOSES.

When I enquired about an Apple Warranty the Seller replied "apple warranty might or might not be expired as the phones were activated for unlocking purpose . But we are offering 1 year company warranty".

Does this sound suspicious to people? Is there anything that can go wrong?

Thanks in advance.

AxlTJ

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2018
Hi there,

I wouldn't trust it if it were me. I'd rather invest in something trustworthy. Also, I'd rather go with the Apple warranty than with the 1-year company warranty.

If it were me though.

stonemann

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Hi there,

I wouldn't trust it if it were me. I'd rather invest in something trustworthy. Also, I'd rather go with the Apple warranty than with the 1-year company warranty.

If it were me though.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the warranty status is what’s worrying me, especially as the “company” appears to be a sole trader.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.