Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bintangsbgj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2017
Indonesia
I recently dropped my iPhone 7 in Apple silicone case onto concrete. No visible damage but I noticed that when I'm using the phone the bottom right area (where the loudspeaker located) is slightly warm to touch. It even gets warmer when I'm listening to the music through the loudspeaker. Is it possible for a drop to cause such a problem, considering the drop is only about from 1m height and the phone is using a case? Or is it normal for a speaker to get warm when in use?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Perhaps it damaged the battery and the heat could be exhibited from the battery. Have you removed the case from the iPhone and checked for any battery bulging?

bintangsbgj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2017
Indonesia
Perhaps it damaged the battery and the heat could be exhibited from the battery. Have you removed the case from the iPhone and checked for any battery bulging?
Not yet, but the battery performance is fine and I don't feel any heat coming from the battery. I contacted Apple about this and they did run diagnostic for my iPhone. They said everything is working normally but the bluetooth sensor isn't behaving properly. But I tested my bluetooth and it seems working fine....

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Not yet, but the battery performance is fine and I don't feel any heat coming from the battery. I contacted Apple about this and they did run diagnostic for my iPhone. They said everything is working normally but the bluetooth sensor isn't behaving properly. But I tested my bluetooth and it seems working fine....

Anytime you have something paired to the iPhone via Bluetooth, you are going to observe some heat being expelled. That's natural. As long as it's not affecting your battery life or your iPhone doesn't get hot. Hopefully it's nothing more than that.

Perhaps what you could do is power off the iPhone and then power back on or do a hard reset. And see if that perhaps rectifies any issues. But I would say if you're not having any other issues other than that, I would just continue to monitor it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.