Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erasr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
I've had my matte black iPhone 7 128GB since day one. I've come from the 5S to this.

Having used it now for some time, I just wanted to say that I can't fault it in any way. It's amazing.

The screen is beautiful, the smooth feeling of the body is so so nice and matte black especially has a candy-like feel/look.

The new home button is addictive. I love pressing it. I tried my gf's 5S the other night and the button felt very cheap.

What do I like? Everything. The new iOS, raise to wake, iMessage, battery life, the notification screen and all the rest.

They've basically perfected an already near-perfect phone (6S).

dsr2

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
Yea, I pretty much feel that way too with my 7. I've used every OS out there and have gone through numerous phones and so far no announced release of any new phone has peaked my interest.

Reactions: Jetcat3

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
What the hell is this? Unsolicited positivity and dare I say, rampant consumer satisfaction. No, no, no. There's no place for that here I tell you, be off with you before the rabid stoats are set loose upon you. :p

Kidding aside, it is nice to hear from someone who's actually happy with their purchase for a change. It must be a massive change from your 5s.

I also like the design, I've liked it for the past two years and I have no problem that they've basically refined it to make it the best it can be.

What are your thoughts on the camera, I'm curious how stable the 4K video is with the OIS they use. I liked it on the 6+, but I wonder if it's worse with 4K or if they've improved on it.

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
Same here, even coming from a 6s - I love the MB colour. I love the new home button (definite undersung feature), the waterproofing, the haptic feedback. My favourite feature is the improved speaker system.

(Finally a nice thread about the 7)

Low country

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2016
South Carolina
Like my 6S+ and I'm about to love the SE. My 7+ was returned because it creaked and cracked so bad and had brutal camera lag. Total POS. Happy to see there are a few good 7+ phones out there but if I truly felt like gambling or playing the lottery I'd rather fly to Vegas and piss away the $1100 then buy another 7+.

Reactions: apolloa

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Same here, even coming from a 6s - I love the MB colour. I love the new home button (definite undersung feature), the waterproofing, the haptic feedback. My favourite feature is the improved speaker system.

(Finally a nice thread about the 7)

Might seem like a random question, but as I'm still waiting on my MB 7+ to arrive, how do you find keeping it clean?
Y'know how some matte black surfaces can be a bugger to get properly pristine again. I've been known to use ipa for a wipe down if I have to, but I'm just curious, not that I expect it to get particularly soiled.

phoneme

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
I've had my matte black iPhone 7 128GB since day one. I've come from the 5S to this.

Having used it now for some time, I just wanted to say that I can't fault it in any way. It's amazing.

The screen is beautiful, the smooth feeling of the body is so so nice and matte black especially has a candy-like feel/look.

The new home button is addictive. I love pressing it. I tried my gf's 5S the other night and the button felt very cheap.

What do I like? Everything. The new iOS, raise to wake, iMessage, battery life, the notification screen and all the rest.

congrats i guess you never have to worry about buying another smartphone again.

JOEBETA

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
New York

I have the same model and storage, and I really like it. I had the Note 7, and an iPhone 6 Plus before that. The iPhone 7 may be smaller, but it packs a lot of punch.

Reinke

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2012
Thanks for sharing!

Still on the Iphone 5 (yes we still exist). The thing scaring me most right now, is going from 4" to 4.7". How did you feel about that?

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
I feel like the 6s was the most perfect iPhone so far, actually. Until they fix the animation issues and the big.little performance artifacts.

Reactions: apolloa

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Thanks for sharing!

Still on the Iphone 5 (yes we still exist). The thing scaring me most right now, is going from 4" to 4.7". How did you feel about that?
That 4" size was nice during it's time but once you go up you can't go back. The 4" to 4.7" jump was nothing for me. Felt natural immediately. Maybe I'm just easy though. The 4.7" to 5.5" jump was just as natural for me this year.

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
Might seem like a random question, but as I'm still waiting on my MB 7+ to arrive, how do you find keeping it clean?
Y'know how some matte black surfaces can be a bugger to get properly pristine again. I've been known to use ipa for a wipe down if I have to, but I'm just curious, not that I expect it to get particularly soiled.

A benefit to it being IP67 water-resistant* is that you can use wipes/water over it. Personally, I find the colour doesn't show marks or anything (nothing a rub on a shirt sleeve won't fully clean). Enjoy it once you get it!

*Rated Water-Resistant to a depth of 1m for 30 minutes. Water damage is not covered under warranty. Results may vary. Purchase required. :p

Last edited:

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
A benefit to it being waterproof is that you can use wipes/water over it. Personally, I find the colour doesn't show marks or anything (nothing a rub on a shirt sleeve won't fully clean). Enjoy it once you get it!

Thanks. Y'know I'd forgotten about the water resistance for when it comes to cleaning. Maybe the missus will be missing a few of her baby wipes :D
When I eventually get the bugger sometime in the next century ;)

Reactions: skwood

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
Fixed that for clarification and accuracy. :)

Haha thanks, we can re-fight out the thread about the semantics of that. Technically I admit it is water-resistant...in terms of how people communicate with one another - it makes very little difference.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
What quirks on the 6S do you speak of?
I'm wondering this myself. Some days I couldn't tell the difference between phones if it wasn't for the home button lol.

That said, people being happy with a phone is a wonderful thing. But there is a reason we seem more complaints than praise in a forum. There's just a lot less to discuss when praising something. If I don't have anything bad to say I'm probably not going to come here to discuss the lack of bad things to say lol. I'm still trying to work out my feelings on the camera. I'm a crap photographer, I'll admit, and I see no difference.

Reactions: Sunny1990
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.