Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Idliva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
I took my case off of my iphone 7+ jb & noticed a significant bend on the side where the sim tray is. I have an appointment on Wednesday with the genius bar but wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. I did not spring for applecare+ but the phone is only 4 weeks old. Will apple replace it like they did during "bendgate" with the 6+ or will I have to pay?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Did you accidentally sit on it? Obviously it
Was bent by your doing. With the new 7000 Series aluminum, Apple fixed the bend gate with from the 6000 Series from the iPhone 6 line.

Without Apple Care, Your likely responsible for the damages. But Apple may offer a replacement device pending how the situation is handled. Also, It depends if they have any replacement Jet Black in stock.

Idliva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
I did not sit on it. Ive been very careful with this phone. Even if I did sit on it I weigh 180lbs. A minute or 2 of me sitting on it should not have bent it. Besides, wasnt it everyone elses fault when their 6+ were bent? They got free replacements after apples "visual inspection" by the genius. I guess 7000 series aluminum can bend also. Ill let you know what happens after my appointment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.