Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dominikniki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2018
Dear Community,

I had a problem with my iPhone 7 (noise while talking or recording sound).
I read that the microphone of the lightning connector should be the problem.

I ordered a lightning connector replacement part and changed the piece very carefully.

Unfortunately the iPhone now is stuck in a bootloop and not able to charge.
If I disconnect the lightning connector from the logic board the phone boots just normal.

Is it possible that the lightning connector wasn't placed exactly where it should be?
What other problems you can immagine?
Anybody had a similar issue?

Thank you in advance, Dominik

Minho

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2017
Montreal, Canada
It's possible that the replacement Lightning flex is defective. Try re-installing the original (the one with noisy sound) to see if the phone boots properly. If it does, then you have a defective replacement. If it doesn't, then you may have damaged the connector on the logic board or accidentally pried off a components near the connector (check with magnification).

dominikniki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2018
It's possible that the replacement Lightning flex is defective. Try re-installing the original (the one with noisy sound) to see if the phone boots properly. If it does, then you have a defective replacement. If it doesn't, then you may have damaged the connector on the logic board or accidentally pried off a components near the connector (check with magnification).

Thank you for your reply.

If I attach the original Lightning flex to the logic board it boots normal and also charges the battery.

20180911_181153.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.