Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geekonthepc

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Hi all

I've got a small (but annoying) problem with my iPhone 7 Plus and wondered if anyone else has seen the same.

Essentially, if I pull up my Control Centre, the AirDrop button constantly says "AirDrop: Receiving..." even though I know it isn't! I can switch it on or off by clicking on the button, but it always reverts to the above when off. I've tried disabling AirDrop in Restrictions, and sending/receiving AirDrop files to/from my Mac with no avail. Tried a reboot too. This has been happening since I got it and restored it from my iCloud backup.

Has anyone else seen this and better still got a fix?

Cheers all.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 2,363

lolitsDanny

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2016
Yes I had this problem when going from my 6+ to an SE and it would actually say sent on the other persons phone, but I would receive nothing. I ended up wiping the phone and starting from scratch and no issues since then. Seems a little extreme but it worked and hope this helps.

geekonthepc

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Yeah I just can't seem to get it to stop saying "Receiving...". Don't understand it.

Don't really want to restore it if I can avoid it but I might not have any choice.

Any other thoughts anyone?

Cheers

itsmefudge

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Middle of the Pacific
Yeah I just can't seem to get it to stop saying "Receiving...". Don't understand it.

Don't really want to restore it if I can avoid it but I might not have any choice.

Any other thoughts anyone?

Cheers
What does it say when you have BT and wifi turned on- mine says "receiving Off" when those radios are turned off

geekonthepc

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Still having grief with this sadly. I tried re-restoring from a backup but no luck. Don't really want to do a clean restore as I'll loose all my texts, call logs, app data etc. Might see if iOS 10.1 fixes it - hopefully that's out shortly.

Also, if I try and update my phone number in Phone settings, it says "Phone number could not be saved". Is this also a known issue?

Seems buggy as hell at the moment :(

geekonthepc

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
It's not receiving it's just short for receiving off, apple need to change the wording. It's off so don't worry about it
Ohh yeah so it is! Thank you for that clarification! Just put my device and landscape and saw. You're a lifesaver, thank you for taking that off my mind!

Reactions: recklesslife85

Aadiscifi

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2016
New delhi
Hi all

I've got a small (but annoying) problem with my iPhone 7 Plus and wondered if anyone else has seen the same.

Essentially, if I pull up my Control Centre, the AirDrop button constantly says "AirDrop: Receiving..." even though I know it isn't! I can switch it on or off by clicking on the button, but it always reverts to the above when off. I've tried disabling AirDrop in Restrictions, and sending/receiving AirDrop files to/from my Mac with no avail. Tried a reboot too. This has been happening since I got it and restored it from my iCloud backup.

Has anyone else seen this and better still got a fix?

Cheers all.
I was Facing Same Issue Then My Mind suddenly Strikes on Turning Off Restrictions
Go to Setting - general- restrictions
Then turn of the restriction pf Airdrop
IMG_0109.PNG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.