Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
Is the iPhone 7 Plus hard to find in the Apple store because:

A. Apple did not make enough iPhone 7 Plus's?

OR

B. The iPhone 7 Plus is very popular and the phones are selling like hotcakes?

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Is the iPhone 7 Plus hard to find in the Apple store because:

A. Apple did not make enough iPhone 7 Plus's?

OR

B. The iPhone 7 Plus is very popular and the phones are selling like hotcakes?
It's easy to get in my area; however, most of the availability is from sim free.

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
The Apple stores around me only have the 256GB of any colour of the + models.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I've noticed that my local stores are starting to get a more steady flow of units. 128GB seems to be the most common, so its the one with lowest amount of stock, but they are definitely starting to trickle in.

Reactions: jusacruiser

Rhambus

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2016
They just seem to be really popular. The same thing happened with the iPhone 6S Plus. I finally got my hands on an iPhone 7 Plus yesterday. The store I went to here only had two of them in stock -- I had them hold one for me while I drove up (was only about a 10 minute drive up to the mall at least).

If you are fortunate enough to live near an Apple store they are available at most locations now. There are some areas up north where they don't have any stock, but the majority of the locations now have at least a few units in stock.

Alternatively you can order from Apple.com now and get one by the end of December. At least they're no longer on a 6-8 week backorder, which is nice.

Needless to say I didn't get the color I wanted because I had to just take what they had. Doesn't bother me though, because you never really get to see the outer shell since you want to keep devices like this in a case.

Oh and the dual speakers are nice. This phone is loud as hell! And I mean that in a good way. I only have to play my media at half volume on this beast to hear it well enough, as opposed to two to three clicks from max volume on my iPhone 6 Plus. Also, it seems to have true stereo sound. The only device I've had that rivals the sound on this thing was the HTC One M8 I had due to HTC's BoomSound. Haven't tried the LG V20 yet.

But this phone is by far the best cell phone I've ever owned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.