Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shad0whawk

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 29, 2015
I'm sure this has been mentioned in another thread in this forum but I couldn't find it right off-hand. I have a week 41 128Gb iPhone 7 Plus that seems to be running hotter than my iPhone 6s and 6S Plus. It's been like that since I purchased it this past weekend. I don't hear any other issues (hissing, etc.) and I don't notice any performance issues so I'm not sure if I should be concerned. I'm running the latest iOS 10.1 beta that was released today. Does anyone else notice this and consider it an issue? I don't really feel like swapping it out if it's a non-issue.

george999

macrumors regular
May 15, 2016
Im running 10.0.3 on my 7+ and this phone has not even once felt the slightest bit warm. I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the 10.1 Beta.

shad0whawk

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah I saw that one already but it seems to be significantly different issue. I don't have any battery issues and I'm not using any type of power pack. Mine just seems to run unusually warm out of the box but other than that is works fine. Well no worries just thought I'd see if this sounded familiar to anyone else. I won't worry about it unless I notices some other issue. thanks!

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
I'm sure this has been mentioned in another thread in this forum but I couldn't find it right off-hand. I have a week 41 128Gb iPhone 7 Plus that seems to be running hotter than my iPhone 6s and 6S Plus. It's been like that since I purchased it this past weekend. I don't hear any other issues (hissing, etc.) and I don't notice any performance issues so I'm not sure if I should be concerned. I'm running the latest iOS 10.1 beta that was released today. Does anyone else notice this and consider it an issue? I don't really feel like swapping it out if it's a non-issue.

My 7 Plus does seem to run hotter/warmer than my 6 Plus.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
My phone seems to only run warm when using GPS/Map applications. Normal browsing and gaming doesn't cause heating issues. Been that way since I got it. 10.0.3 did improve it a little, 10.1/10.1.1 seems to have reverted back to 10.0.3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.