Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vagtchr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2016
Hey guys,

I have an iphone7 and i noticed a rattling sound that comes from the camera every time a tap the top of my phone. I know this is a known issue with the previous iPhones but the fact i can hear it every time i tap the screen with a little force makes me wonder if this is this normal .Also i have to mention that i can't hear any noise when i use the phone or even if a shake the phone quickly, only when i tap the top part of the phone. Another iPhone 7 user who experienced the same problem?

Thank you in advance.

Connolly20vt

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2016
Hey guys,

I have an iphone7 and i noticed a rattling sound that comes from the camera every time a tap the top of my phone. I know this is a known issue with the previous iPhones but the fact i can hear it every time i tap the screen with a little force makes me wonder if this is this normal .Also i have to mention that i can't hear any noise when i use the phone or even if a shake the phone quickly, only when i tap the top part of the phone. Another iPhone 7 user who experienced the same problem?

Thank you in advance.
Normal. Went to apple today and tapped the ones in store. All the same... some worse than others

vince730

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2010
It's not an issue and has been the case on every iPhone I've had - 4, 5, 6, 7. Part of the accelerometer and/or compass causes this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.