Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orr971

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Hello!

What can be the problem of an iPhone 7, new (was bought a month ago), that had a very good battery life, if the battery life suddenly got really worse?

We're talking about 100% to 32% in 5-6 hours, with moderated use. Before this started it had a very good battery life - lasting for an entire day of use, with one charging needed overnight or something like that.

Now, it's just weird. No change in the use of the iPhone itself. Obviously something here is odd.

What seems to be the problem?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Hello!

What can be the problem of an iPhone 7, new (was bought a month ago), that had a very good battery life, if the battery life suddenly got really worse?

We're talking about 100% to 32% in 5-6 hours, with moderated use. Before this started it had a very good battery life - lasting for an entire day of use, with one charging needed overnight or something like that.

Now, it's just weird. No change in the use of the iPhone itself. Obviously something here is odd.

What seems to be the problem?

Have you looked to see which app is using the most power? Installed any new app just before this started to happen?

deano1972

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2016
United Kingdom
Upload screen shots of your battery usage page under settings.
See if anything has abnormal usage (much more than your actually using the app) particularly background activity.

Have you rebooted the phone since it started draining?

orr971

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Upload screen shots of your battery usage page under settings.
See if anything has abnormal usage (much more than your actually using the app) particularly background activity.

Have you rebooted the phone since it started draining?

We tried it (not my phone), waiting to see if there are any differences now.

stellarsingularity12

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2017
Do you happen to use AT&T's service? I noticed the same thing. I have a feeling they changed something causing my iPhone 7 Plus to constantly be communicating with their towers.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
AT&T iphone 7+ 128 GB.

This happened to me 2 days ago (2/28/2017). I got to work at 8 am (carplay on my hour drive) with 100% and by 5 pm I was down to 36% (typically I'm around 85% by the end of work). My phone was burning hot. I had to close all apps, and restart the phone for it to stop. It wasn't any particular app.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
That happened to me one day. I usually get fantastic battery life with continuous moderate use on my iPhone 7 (non plus). However, one day it felt quite warm and was draining much faster than usual. Stats weren't showing what the cause was, but after a quitting all apps and doing a hard restart, all returned to normal. It hasn't happened since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.