Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tcannizz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
so I just got my iPhone 7 plus yesterday! Yay. I've read numerous reports online that the Taptic Engine should and will kick in when you send or receive full screen inessage effects. (Fireworks, lasers, etc. ) I've read it should vibrate With the bang of the fireworks and such. I am having no success at getting the Taptic Engine to work when sending those effects.

Can anyone confirm it works on there's?

Thanks!

chasonstone

macrumors 6502
Dec 24, 2010
Kentucky
I just tried it out with the fireworks (me sending them to someone) and it didn't vibrate with the effect. To be honest though I'm not entirely sure if they're supposed to or not but if I send the Slam effect it does a vibration for that as well as all the other system stuff that causes it.

tcannizz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
I just tried it out with the fireworks (me sending them to someone) and it didn't vibrate with the effect. To be honest though I'm not entirely sure if they're supposed to or not but if I send the Slam effect it does a vibration for that as well as all the other system stuff that causes it.

Hm. This is weird. Also posted this question on reddit. One person said there's does not, and two other people said there's definitely do! (timed with the fireworks, lasers, and so on)

Hopefully this is a software thing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.