Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Neco1963

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2016
Coventry
Many glass screens available on sale for iPhone 7 / 7 PLUS, what are people getting?

Last edited:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Many glass screens available on sale for iPhone 7, what are people getting?
I'm assuming the 6 series protectors will work with the 7. If that's the case I'm sticking with the 6s/6s+ Anker ones. They are fantastic. And cheap.

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
Companies that don't have facts and are actually already selling stuff .. are companies that just jump on the keywords to try and milk their sales. Gambling things will not be much different and not that many will return the item or request a refund. Personally I wouldn't buy anything until we have Apple facts, and that the more reliable and more honest companies have some quality stuff for sale.

But hey, if you like a gamble. :)

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
Companies that don't have facts and are actually already selling stuff .. are companies that just jump on the keywords to try and milk their sales. Gambling things will not be much different and not that many will return the item or request a refund. Personally I wouldn't buy anything until we have Apple facts, and that the more reliable and more honest companies have some quality stuff for sale.

But hey, if you like a gamble. :)

Spegin, Verus and Caseology are all taking pre-orders for iPhone 7 & 7 Plus cases.

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
Spegin, Verus and Caseology are all taking pre-orders for iPhone 7 & 7 Plus cases.
Pre-orders are just fancy words for 'we have no facts, we want to max our sales, and can't promise you anything'.

I rather wait and go for a guarantee that has quality. My opinion.

Reactions: Sunny1990

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
As Floris stated. 'Pre-orders' are a way to take customer's money now so they can make the cases once the device is announced and they will hopefully get them the cases before the devices actually shipped. All relies on them being able to quickly manufacture the cases. A lot of risk involved for the company and the consumer. All a gamble.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
You don't think that iPhone accessory makers don't already have the specs for the new devices. They have probably already been mass produced to coincide with the launch with is less than a month away.

Reactions: 96-HUDSON-96

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
You don't think that iPhone accessory makers don't already have the specs for the new devices. They have probably already been mass produced to coincide with the launch with is less than a month away.

No, not a chance. You think Apple is going to release secret iPhone information to case manufactures? Not happening.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
So its best to wait till apple announces the Phone to be safe or your at risk of the case and screen protector not fitting.

MaxBga

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2015
France
Am I the only one hoping iphone 6/6s ones won't work with it? This constant halo effect on the 6s sucks.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
No, not a chance. You think Apple is going to release secret iPhone information to case manufactures? Not happening.
So please explain to me how there are iPhone cases and screen protectors available on launch day? Do you have any idea how manufacturing works and how long it takes accessories to get to market? These things are released months in advance, they just don't wait until iPhone launch and then create all of the stuff in 2 weeks and have it to the retailers on release day.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
So please explain to me how there are iPhone cases and screen protectors available on launch day? Do you have any idea how manufacturing works and how long it takes accessories to get to market? These things are released months in advance, they just don't wait until iPhone launch and then create all of the stuff in 2 weeks and have it to the retailers on release day.

Because they cases and accessories are all based on guesses and rumors. Additionally, any time there is a new iPhone hardware wise, no accessories other than Apple are available at launch. When the iPhone 4 shipped, screen protectors were not available for 2 weeks. I know because I waited and waited until Zagg had theirs then 4 weeks after that I finally got a power support. Same thing for the iPhone 5 and iPhone 6. Apple has their cases but thats it. Its the 'S' launches that are full of accessories because the design has been the same.

Reactions: bhayes444 and HEK

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
Because they cases and accessories are all based on guesses and rumors. Additionally, any time there is a new iPhone hardware wise, no accessories other than Apple are available at launch. When the iPhone 4 shipped, screen protectors were not available for 2 weeks. I know because I waited and waited until Zagg had theirs then 4 weeks after that I finally got a power support. Same thing for the iPhone 5 and iPhone 6. Apple has their cases but thats it. Its the 'S' launches that are full of accessories because the design has been the same.
This isn't true. When the iPhone 6 was released Verizon had cases available for purchase early in the week of the release. I purchased my case on the Tuesday before they were released.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
This isn't true. When the iPhone 6 was released Verizon had cases available for purchase early in the week of the release. I purchased my case on the Tuesday before they were released.

I will tell you that Belkin, Anker, Tech21, Incipio and Incase had 0 cases or screen protectors available at launch. I have purchased every thing iPhone since the 3G on launch day, and have never been able to leave the Apple store with a case or screen protector other than Apple branded on new hardware remodels. I keep the stupid plastic screen protector on the phone for a couple of weeks until screen protectors ship. I'm that anal about my screen being perfect.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
I will tell you that Belkin, Anker, Tech21, Incipio and Incase had 0 cases or screen protectors available at launch. I have purchased every thing iPhone since the 3G on launch day, and have never been able to leave the Apple store with a case or screen protector other than Apple branded on new hardware remodels. I keep the stupid plastic screen protector on the phone for a couple of weeks until screen protectors ship. I'm that anal about my screen being perfect.
Maybe because you are getting it from Apple and they have incentive to sell Apple products. My go-to case has always been the Incipio Dual-Pro on iPhones and was what I purchased at Verizon before it was released.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Maybe because you are getting it from Apple and they have incentive to sell Apple products. My go-to case has always been the Incipio Dual-Pro on iPhones and was what I purchased at Verizon before it was released.

I purchase form Amazon or Best Buy. I resort to the Apple case if there is nothing available at launch day.

its93rc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Texas
I purchase form Amazon or Best Buy. I resort to the Apple case if there is nothing available at launch day.

I'm fairly sure Spigen and other reputable case-makers have sources that provide them with accurate info -- if not Apple themselves through third party 'leaks'.

Reactions: Neco1963

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
Didn't read this whole thread but, I'm not sure why some folks would buy accessories for a phone that doesn't officially exist yet.

Neco1963

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2016
Coventry
Am I the only one hoping iphone 6/6s ones won't work with it? This constant halo effect on the 6s sucks.
You will always have the halo affect with the cheaper glass screens due to the curve edge. The screen has to be slightly smaller or curved.
[doublepost=1472589067][/doublepost]I have chosen my three products i will buy for the iphone 7 plus. Once i receive these products i will share it with you guys.

1. iPhone 7 Plus Case, Spigen® [Ultra Hybrid] AIR CUSHION [S_Crystal Clear] Clear back panel + TPU bumper for iPhone 7 Plus [£18.04] https://www.amazon.co.uk/iPhone-Spi...id=1472588568&sr=1-2&keywords=Spigen+iphone+7

2. iPhone 7 Plus Screen Protector, G-Color Tempered Glass [0.2mm,2.5D] [9H Hardness] [Scratch-resistant] Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 7 Plus (X2) [£7.99] https://www.amazon.co.uk/Protector-...id=1472588524&sr=8-16&keywords=iphone+7+glass

3.iPhone 7 PLUS (2016) Flip Case Card Cash Slots with Intergrated Stand - Premium Wallet PU Protective Leather Case Cover Black [£2.99] https://www.amazon.co.uk/iPhone-PLU...TF8&qid=1472588810&sr=8-1&keywords=B01L65ZZZW
[doublepost=1472589154][/doublepost]
I'm fairly sure Spigen and other reputable case-makers have sources that provide them with accurate info -- if not Apple themselves through third party 'leaks'.
Totally agree.

Reactions: 96-HUDSON-96

96-HUDSON-96

Suspended
Aug 11, 2016
they send dummy copies to case manufactures, accessories and also to some Apple Stores for prep
[doublepost=1472600119][/doublepost]
If you check out my pics it shows that the iPhone 6 TGSP do in fact work (iPhone 6+ TGSP on iPhone 7 + dummy)

IMG_20160828_234737.jpg IMG_20160828_234742 (1).jpg IMG_20160828_234803 (1).jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.