Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rfy786

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2017
Hello,

I need help to diagnose this problem with my mobile, for some reason this item was a gift originally on the Vodafone network(UK). I wanted to use it on another SIM card reasoning being Vodafone unlocked the device. But the mobile is saying the sim is incompatible. The mobile is not working with another sim.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hello,

I need help to diagnose this problem with my mobile, for some reason this item was a gift originally on the Vodafone network(UK). I wanted to use it on another SIM card reasoning being Vodafone unlocked the device. But the mobile is saying the sim is incompatible. The mobile is not working with another sim.
If that is what it is reporting then the phone is not unlocked.

If the phone WAS unlocked but could not use the SIM you would see 'No Service' in the status bar.

rfy786

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2017
If that is what it is reporting then the phone is not unlocked.

If the phone WAS unlocked but could not use the SIM you would see 'No Service' in the status bar.

I see service but only with the bars and 4g. The problem is that the phone won’t work with another sim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.