Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elliothere

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2016
Upgraded to a 7 from a 6s and have had constant issues with call quality (sounds garbled, intermittently cuts out, generally sounds like somebody is talking under water) while over LTE. Turning off LTE voice appears to fix it, but then call quality isn't great in general...

I saw the 10.0.1 update was supposed to fix an issue with this, but that didn't make a difference. Apple swapped the phone out, and the new one has the same issue.

Anybody else running into this? Seriously considering going back to my 6s...

I'm on AT&T FWIW.

chadx85

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2012
YES! 3 iPhone 7+ in our house with the exact same issues! the 6+, 5s, and 5c had perfect sound, clarity, and reception before. over a dozen calls to Verizon and no solution other than turning off LTE or turning on WiFi calling. those aren't solutions.

Reactions: elliothere

elliothere

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2016
YES! 3 iPhone 7+ in our house with the exact same issues! the 6+, 5s, and 5c had perfect sound, clarity, and reception before. over a dozen calls to Verizon and no solution other than turning off LTE or turning on WiFi calling. those aren't solutions.

Good to know I'm not crazy... Still trying to decide whether to go back to the 6s or hope it suddenly starts working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.