Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Defie22

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2015
Hi.

I have my iPhone7 for almost 2 years. From the first day I'm not satisfied with the battery life. Now my battery has 84% of its original capacity. I still have 2 months of warranty and I'm not going to buy new iPhone in next months.

When is the best time for me to replace the battery?

ps. Besides the battery myiPhone works perfectly and I'm not sure if new battery will change anything for me. It will just cost the money and will have to be a little bit worry about possible problems after battery replacement like here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-7-battery-replacement-gone-bad.2134386/

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Mines new since June 2017 and is at 87% according to battery app. I’m not at the two year mark yet and do wonder what will happen as well! It’s dramatically dropped in % since I last looked a month ago! It was at 91% at that point.

I was under the impression Apple issued the cheaper replacement at 80% capacity. I could be wrong tho.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
Are you calibrating the battery every month and after an iOS upgrade? From what I've read, we should be doing that.

AxlTJ

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2018
The battery doesn't really need to be calibrated that often. Only when the gauge reads the battery inaccurately. This is also recommended after battery replacement.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
Hi.

I have my iPhone7 for almost 2 years. From the first day I'm not satisfied with the battery life. Now my battery has 84% of its original capacity. I still have 2 months of warranty and I'm not going to buy new iPhone in next months.

When is the best time for me to replace the battery?

ps. Besides the battery myiPhone works perfectly and I'm not sure if new battery will change anything for me. It will just cost the money and will have to be a little bit worry about possible problems after battery replacement like here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-7-battery-replacement-gone-bad.2134386/
Definitely at 80%

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.