Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

police340

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
Hello,
I had Apple install the Belkin IvisiGlass Ultra installed with the machine at the store. This was supposed to be the best protector they told me. Today as I was out for my walk, I sat for a minute and when I got up the phone fell out of my vest onto the ground about a one foot drop. Now I have two cracks and I cant tell if the larger of the two went through to the screen. Am I wrong to think this screen protector should nto have cracked so easily? Thanks.

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
Mine cracked by the earpiece without even dropping the phone. Luckily it happened on day 14 of the return period. I was able to bring it back for a refund.

police340

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
Mine cracked by the earpiece without even dropping the phone. Luckily it happened on day 14 of the return period. I was able to bring it back for a refund.

Good that you were able to return it. Mine is outside period but I may stop at store anyways and see what they say.

Reactions: danny8200

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Good that you were able to return it. Mine is outside period but I may stop at store anyways and see what they say.
You drop your phone on the ground, your glass protector will break. It's glass.

Hopefully, (and odds are) it protects your phone's glass, but it depends on the drop, the impact, the force, the material, etc., etc.

There are no guarantees.

police340

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
You drop your phone on the ground, your glass protector will break. It's glass.

Hopefully, (and odds are) it protects your phone's glass, but it depends on the drop, the impact, the force, the material, etc., etc.

There are no guarantees.

Thanks much Mr Taylor. Thats why I have it. What did throw me was they said it was more durable than some other screen protectors. I did stop at Apple store today to see what they'd say and your last sentence is exactly what they said. But I did pick up a new maxed out 15" Macbook Pro. So it wasn't a wasted trip after-all!

Reactions: willmtaylor

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Thanks much Mr Taylor. Thats why I have it. What did throw me was they said it was more durable than some other screen protectors. I did stop at Apple store today to see what they'd say and your last sentence is exactly what they said. But I did pick up a new maxed out 15" Macbook Pro. So it wasn't a wasted trip after-all!
Sweet and congrats. That's a pretty penny. Enjoy!

Hopefully your iPhone screen was ok though?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.