Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nemvu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2020
Hello. Brand new iPhone 8. The battery has dropped to 94% capacity in 3 months. Not a heavy user, no social, not many apps. Needs charging daily or more frequently. Upgraded to iOS 13.3 from 11.4 about ~1 month ago. Guidance appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
What results do you get in iMazing (trial is enough)?? Also check how hard did Effective max charge dropped comparing to Design max charge, and what's the battery cycle count?

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Was it bought from Apple?

If so, take it back and explain you’ve not used it heavily and it shouldn’t have dropped that much in such a short space of time.

If you bought it online or from a third party it is possible that it’s actually a refurb device with me case and a non genuine battery fitted. In which case contact the seller and complain.

Nemvu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2020
R u using iPad charger

Brand new sealed iphone 8. I use the included adapter and cable.
[automerge]1580651408[/automerge]
Was it bought from Apple?

If so, take it back and explain you’ve not used it heavily and it shouldn’t have dropped that much in such a short space of time.

If you bought it online or from a third party it is possible that it’s actually a refurb device with me case and a non genuine battery fitted. In which case contact the seller and complain.
Brand new sealed from apple.

ilikewhey

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
What would it matter if he was?
although apple claims it doesnt matter, plenty of anecdotal, myself included, have witness battery capacity drop dramatically when using ipad charger, my 7 drop from 100-94 percent in 1 1/2 month, switch to regular 5w, with no change in habit, capacity remained stable.

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
although apple claims it doesnt matter, plenty of anecdotal, myself included, have witness battery capacity drop dramatically when using ipad charger, my 7 drop from 100-94 percent in 1 1/2 month, switch to regular 5w, with no change in habit, capacity remained stable.

My experience is that it makes no difference whatsoever. I never use the charger that comes with my new iPhones including my 11 pro. I have been using the same iPad charger for about 5 years now.

My launch day 11 pro gets plugged in every night at bedtime and unplugged in the morning, occasionally getting a top up during the day if needed and it’s still showing 100%. Whether or not it actually is at full health or not is another thing.

Nemvu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2020
Any app to run to see the battery details - no Mac though.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.