Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dajmodern

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2017
All of the sudden, my phone started losing battery life. Yesterday, I took off the charger and it went from 100% to 0% in 30 seconds. Now it will not recharge at all and I have to replace on Black Friday weekend.

Last edited:

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
All of the sudden, or maybe after I upgraded to IOS 11, my phone started losing battery life. Yesterday, I took off the charger and it went from 100% to 0% in 30 seconds. Now it will not recharge at all and I have to replace on Black Friday weekend.

If the 30 seconds situation is a fact instead of just a figure of speech then you should definitely get it replaced.

Ps. iPhone 8 was released with iOS 11.

dajmodern

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2017
Unless you think you can make phone calls, text, surf the net and listen to music in less than 30 seconds I say no!
Then how do I fix it?
[doublepost=1511702253][/doublepost]
If the 30 seconds situation is a fact instead of just a figure of speech then you should definitely get it replaced.

Ps. iPhone 8 was released with iOS 11.
Sadly, it is a fact.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
All of the sudden, my phone started losing battery life. Yesterday, I took off the charger and it went from 100% to 0% in 30 seconds. Now it will not recharge at all and I have to replace on Black Friday weekend.

Maybe the battery indicator is bad as it would be hard to go though a full battery in 30 seconds. Likely impossible without it smoking. Just take it to the Apple store and get it replaced.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
welcome to IOS 11 my friend.
How does that fit in with what the OP actually brought up? The iPhone 8 was already running iOS 11 (as it can't run any other version) and if it suddenly developed an issue, especially of the type that was brought up, how does that essentially meme phrase contribute in any way?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.