Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janis153

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
My iPhone 8 is no longer updating. My laptop, desktop, and iPad are all connected to the internet, and my iPhone shows WiFi connection. My laptop and desktop are syncing properly.

When phone is connected to laptop for manual syncing, I get the "internal device error" message. On the phone, also got "unable to load storage info because of poor network conditions" in settings. Cannot access icloud in phone settings. "Password and Security" option is not responding. The indicator next to the wifi icon keeps spinning and will not connect. Apps are not updating - weather, etc, and cannot access any links through safari or firefox on the phone.

Of course I've restarted the phone, laptop, and desktop numerous times and I have tried most of the solutions offered through internet searches, but since I cannot access icloud in phone settings, I'm stuck. Did a hard reset on phone, but nothing changed.

I mainly use this for calendar syncing across all my devices via wifi, but the phone hasn't synced since 11/25.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.