Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbkevinmichael

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2017
Anaheim, CA
Hey guys so im dead set on for sure selling my iPhone 8 plus on the 27th of this month to buy my iPhone x
i know people will say blah blah blah waste of money and blah but i got a massive discount on mine from a friend who owns a shop so honestly im selling to use that money for my x but how much and where should i sell it on?

I don't yet have access to marketplace so im kinda crying about that...
I want somewhere where it can be a quick sale and no hassle on receiving money and what not

its an

iPhone 8 Plus 64GB Silver
T-Mobile Carrier/No Finance
I can probably get it unlocked but im not 100% sure.

Planning to purchase 256GB Silver or black idk...
iPhone X

what do you think would be the best place to sell it?

nilk

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
I personally like Swappa. I've only used them once to buy a phone, but would use them if I was selling as it's a better experience than Ebay (for both buyer and seller from what I've seen) and more geared specifically for selling gadgets. I believe the fees are also lower than Ebay. If anything, Swappa is a good place to see what the going rate is via their price charts and recently sold list.

Reactions: Freakonomics101

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Swappa is the only place that I sell old iPhones on anymore. eBay is waste of time to me. You can do Craigslist as well, but obviously meet in public (maybe T-Mobile store) when doing the transaction.

Reactions: 44267547

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
I would echo using Swappa. And if you do not have another phone lying around, I wouldn't sell it prior to your pre-order considering you may need that 8 Plus until sometime around President's Day o_O

Reactions: 44267547

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
My vote goes to Swappa as well. I've successfully sold several phones and tablets on Swappa and it was a far more pleasant experience than eBay could ever be. Also, the fees are far lower.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
As others have said, Swappa. Avoid eBay. Way too many issues and loopholes selling iPhones on their.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.