Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmahon70

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Brussels
I have an 8 Plus 256gb red which is badly damaged after falling on the street from my pocket while biking last year. I purchased it on May 2019.
I am not sure what do with it. It is still under warranty from the shop I bought it from until May 2021. Shall I go to an Apple Store and ask for a repair? They would probably tell me that it will need to be replaced and the cost is 430€. Is it still worth it? Do replacement Iphones in Apple Store comes with a warranty in Europe? One option would be to purchase an SE instead but I liked my 8 Plus because of the telephoto.
What would you suggest to do? Thank you!

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
If you have only the screen cracked then it will probably need a screen replacement only.

If the back is cracked too then Apple only replaces the phone itself.

macmahon70

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Brussels
Thanks! I think the last option is more realistic...
I am also tempted by an XR second hand that a colleague is selling for 340€ (last price). It's 2 years old and it seems to have been well taken care of. I saw that second hand XR are more or less at this price. Is it perhaps a better option than getting a new refurbished Iphone 8 plus from the Apple Store?

leogical

Suspended
Feb 18, 2021
In my experience repairing your phone will be very expensice to the extent where a new or second hand iphone could be the better option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.