Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iphone Gal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2017
Just curious to know if any other iPhone 8 Plus owners have had wifi connection problems. Also phone would not work with cellular data. We had replacements iPhone 8 plus & did not work even after apple tech support indicated they could not fix it. I ended up replacing the phone with iPhone X & two sets of routers for total cost $7500 USD. Now I'm stuck with 2 iPhone 8 plus since Apple store would not take back even with Apple care membership. Probably last Apple product I will buy.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
For what it’s worth, I haven’t had any cellular data issues with my 8 Plus, and the wifi connectivity has only given me issues when in my bedroom, which is 2 floors above my router, and other devices also struggle there.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
iPhone 8+ here - wife has an 8+ as well. Neither of us are having problems with Wifi at college, home, work, restaurants, parent's house, church, friend's houses, etc... 2.4ghz around my neighborhood has been a problem because of all the people with WiFi routers - but using the 5ghz channel makes things fly and I have no problems with that.

Boca

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
Having data connection problems when not on wifi. T mobile. They changed sim and worked fine for 3 days then once I leave wifi can't use or get any data. If I do a reset network settings it works until I get to wifi and then leave it and the problem begins again. Apple last night on chat tested hardware and software and said no problem. We have an X and an 8 both bought at same time as my8+, they work fine on wifi and via cell data. Very frustrating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.