Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imicca

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2013
Yerevan, London
Hello everyone!
Today I went to Apple store to ask about buying new iPhone 8 and X.
Since 2011 Apple introduced "reserve and pick up" system in the UK, and I personally can confirm that it works well (purchased iPhone 5,5s,6,6s using this system on the same day of sales).

However, this year in F.A.Qs I could not find any reference about it or any links to the reserve page.
I opened LiveChat and asked, and Agent stated that such system will no longer be used.
I called Apple, asked and got same reply. ONLY pre-orders.

So, I went to Apple store today (Covent Garden) and asked again. And guess what, it exists!
All you need to do is go on the "buy" page and next to availability you will see "check" option.
Apparently, Apple employee also confirmed that you do not have to be in Apple iPhone Upgrade Programme to do this since last year they kept it exclusive to those who wanted to upgrade their old phone (I guess, that's how it works?).

Anyways! Good luck everyone who will be checking it and reserving.
I cannot speak about Europe or America or other regions but here in UK this system is back.

imicca

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2013
Yerevan, London
UPDATE: reserve and pick up is only available through online pre-booking. Not pre-ordering. You CAN just simply put your credit card and press "buy" but no funds will be taken :)
You only buy on 22nd on selected date

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.