Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Futurix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Strasbourg, France
I think this is the first time I'm actually starting a thread of MacRumors - but for a good reason. I am promoting a game that my 63 year old mother wrote for iOS :)

She started learning programming (from scratch!) after she retired, and her first several apps were very obscure and for personal use mostly. But a couple of years ago she got an idea of something that potentially might be interesting for other people and so she released it publicly.

The game is basically a crossword app for people who want their knowledge of English thoroughly tested. It's a really really hard crossword though, because many words are fairly obscure and the hints are based on synonyms of the word or alternate meanings of it. It's pretty challenging!
A database of 20000 words is included - all picked by hand. It took her over a year to finish just the database!

The name of the game is RichEnglish and it is a freemium game (basic free game is not seriously restricted). Free version or not - I know that my mum would be thrilled to see people playing with her creation :D

App Store link
Website

:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.