Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matt.Cheetham

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2010
Had the exact same issue yesterday. Sat in the car for a few minutes with it plugged in (CarPlay active) and almost immediately got the "Charging paused. Charging will resume when iPhone cools down" notification. I've never had that notification before.

Reactions: decypher44

user1234

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
Sweden
After updating there's a lot of background processing going on while charging. Photos is looking for duplicates for example. Give it a few days and it will probably go back to normal.

maliksix

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2022
IOS 16 knocked out cellular service on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. It's been two days now. I have talked to apple support (up to senior level tech) about four times, and they can't fix the issue. My carrier (Xfinity Mobile) gave me a free new Sim card. That didn't fix it. First Apple blamed Xfinity Mobile, and then Xfinity Mobile blamed Apple. I just hung up with senior tech for Apple. We were on the Applewatch phone for about an hour and a half. She couldn't resolve the issue. She says I need to go to the Apple store now as a walk-in. I'm heated! No one has offered to replay the phone (which is not even two years old and I never had an issue with it until I tried to update it with the IOS 16 system). I'm highly frustrated and about to look at Apple differently (I own an iMac, iPad, iPhone, and Applewatch. All Apple!!!).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.