Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmesser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Long Island, NY USA
I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 10.2. Recently it stopped ringing when I get a call. It vibrates as I have made that setting, but does not ring. I assumed someone inadvertently changed the settings and looked through all the settings but saw none that restored the set ringtone for incoming calls. Any help appreciated.

Reactions: SSAJ

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You've checked that the silent switch on the side of the device is not set to silent/vibrate (and perhaps tried changing it back and forth again)?

Have you tried changing the ringtone to something else perhaps, and making sure the ringer volume is up (and you are hearing the ringtone play when you are selecting it in settings)?

Also, have you tried restarting the phone?

Reactions: macmesser

Mosaab Inc

Suspended
Jan 11, 2017
Tunisia
Run Settings app and go to sounds to adjust the volume of your ringtone
Make sure you are not setting mute buttom to silent
Restart your iphone you can power off your iphone and then turn on it this method may fix Iphone ringtone issue

I Recommend you to contact apple support (if this method doesn't work with you)

http://www.apple.com/contact/

Reactions: macmesser

macmesser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Long Island, NY USA
You've checked that the silent switch on the side of the device is not set to silent/vibrate (and perhaps tried changing it back and forth again)?

Have you tried changing the ringtone to something else perhaps, and making sure the ringer volume is up (and you are hearing the ringtone play when you are selecting it in settings)?

Also, have you tried restarting the phone?
It was the switch. I had never used it before. It must have been knocked to "off" when I dropped it a few days ago. Thanks.
[doublepost=1484231935][/doublepost]
Maybe the speaker is damaged or the ringer is switched off
Thanks for reply. That was it. Sound was working, which I should have mentioned.
[doublepost=1484232068][/doublepost]
Run Settings app and go to sounds to adjust the volume of your ringtone
Make sure you are not setting mute buttom to silent
Restart your iphone you can power off your iphone and then turn on it this method may fix Iphone ringtone issue

I Recommend you to contact apple support (if this method doesn't work with you)

http://www.apple.com/contact/

Thanks for tips. I will keep suggestions in mind. Turned out that ringer had been inadvertently turned off.

Reactions: SSAJ
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.