Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mahdavs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2022
I’m torn between midnight and dark cherry for my sierra blue phone. Was wondering what everyone thinks… does midnight even patina? Dark cherry turn…darker? I got the golden brown but instantly began to notice it was a mistake and returned it.

a.jfred

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Austin, TX
I was looking for something else when I saw this post. I have the graphite (or whatever they're calling the darker one), and have the Dark Cherry case. I just bought a new one for reasons.

On the left is the case after almost a year of use (purchased the same day as my phone - 24 Sept 2021) - on the right, the one that just delivered today.

I've been a fan of the leather cases, ever since I dropped my iPhone X with the leather case onto concrete, it hit the corner of the device, and ... not even a scratch.

There are a few scuffs & worn spots, and definitely a few fingerprints, but you can at least see how they hold up over time.

ETA: FWIW, I'm normally a "basic black" person, but had the green case for my iPhone 11 Pro & decided to spice it up just a bit this go 'round; it was also the only option I liked that was also available for same-day pickup w/my phone.

IMG_0295.jpg

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
I love Midnight but Dark Cherry is such a luxurious look it makes it instantly a top tier color choice. With Sierra Blue that contrast would be wild and in a good way! Do it!

Then get a Midnight later on for cheap to switch it up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.