Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sniffies

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
  1. Finally can check my iPhone and Watch battery level right from my Mac when they're charging in another room or simply out of reach all because Apple's Battery widget is half-useless. If third-party app AirBattery can display ALL batteries then so should Apple's. 🤦🏻‍♂️
  2. Ring app: Since Ring's website on Mac keeps asking me to log back in after a while, with iPhone Mirroring, I don't have to do that extra step. Tapping on Ring notification on Mac takes me straight into Ring app on iPhone.
  3. Perform app and system updates right from your Mac.

Last edited:

Alameda

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2012
  1. Finally can check my iPhone battery level from my Mac all because Apple's Battery widget is half-useless. If third-party app AirBattery can display ALL batteries then so should Apple's. 🤦🏻‍♂️
  2. Ring app: Since Ring's website on Mac keeps asking me to log back in after a while, with iPhone Mirroring, I don't have to do that extra step. Tapping on Ring notification on Mac takes me straight into Ring app on iPhone.
  3. Perform app and system updates right from your Mac.
I don’t see a lot of value, because there are so many well-integrated iCloud apps, like Messages, Calendar, Photos and FaceTime. But we shall see. It’s definitely not a bad thing.

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
This will allow me to make full use of my iPhone. My usage of automation features such as Focus Modes, Hide/Show Screens, Widgets, Shortcuts have been very minimum and basic. Mostly because the time and effort required to set it up on a tiny screen in a non-ideal posture.

Now I can sit on my Mac with a large screen, keyboard + mouse and spend much more time setting all this stuff up to my needs. Allowing me to really make the most of it.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
This will allow me to make full use of my iPhone. My usage of automation features such as Focus Modes, Hide/Show Screens, Widgets, Shortcuts have been very minimum and basic. Mostly because the time and effort required to set it up on a tiny screen in a non-ideal posture.

Now I can sit on my Mac with a large screen, keyboard + mouse and spend much more time setting all this stuff up to my needs. Allowing me to really make the most of it.
This is the first worthwhile notion I have seen made for this upcoming feature.

Alameda

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2012

The Focus modes confused me at first, because to go back to default, you un-select the current focus. IOW, Default is “no focus at all.”

I have a “Do Not Disturb” focus which disables all alerts unless they’re a “Favorite” contact (wife and kids). This automatically runs from 10pm to 6am also. But I have another called Absolute Silence, which silences notifications from Favorites as well. I use this in movie theaters.

Ok… back to screen mirroring.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
Check iPhone installed apps while working on the Mac... Does anyone know whether the screen on iPhone Mirroring can be recorded while recording the Mac screen or not? Can we take a screenshot from the iPhone Mirroring window?

iToph

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
The only device iPhone mirroring makes *real* sense is Vision Pro. But surprise: we don’t get it on our 4k $ moneyburn machine

raythompsontn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2023
I did find this on another site:

Does iPhone Mirroring work with landscape mode?​

Yes, however, it depends on the app. If you’re watching YouTube, and put the video into full screen, the mirroring window will automatically switch to landscape mode via a brief animation. There is no way to force a window into landscape mode at this time.

Perhaps the games will automatically switch to landscape mode.

mansplains

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2021
I did find this on another site:

Does iPhone Mirroring work with landscape mode?​

Yes, however, it depends on the app. If you’re watching YouTube, and put the video into full screen, the mirroring window will automatically switch to landscape mode via a brief animation. There is no way to force a window into landscape mode at this time.

Perhaps the games will automatically switch to landscape mode.
This caught my eye. I tried seeing if you could use AssistiveTouch as a workaround, but the AT menu isn't present on the mirror, only on the iPhone itself. Plus, there's no Shortcut action to rotate the screen.
Check iPhone installed apps while working on the Mac... Does anyone know whether the screen on iPhone Mirroring can be recorded while recording the Mac screen or not? Can we take a screenshot from the iPhone Mirroring window?
Yes to both. Although Sequoia has a bug with third party capture half the time, where it will prompt for permission to continue screen recording, and freeze until a combo of locking, restarting, quitting apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.