Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djpatrickb

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
1726513597155.png
This is what I am getting. I've tried signing out and in of my Apple ID on both devices. I restarted both devices. Bluetooth and Wifi are working on both devices. Any ideas?

Reactions: GDMcG

MacD

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
I'm able to "connect" to mine, it prompts me for password on my iPhone, but then it stalls at the same screen, and never can get past it.

Reactions: flybass

ghboard2010

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2010
Somewhere
Well, my phone 'sees' the iMac, but the iMac does not pair up via Bluetooth. The iMac is 17,1{2015 I5 27incher} iMac Bluetooth 4.0, iPhone SE 3rd gen Bluetooth 5.0. Don't know if BT4 is compatible with BT5; seems they should be, I just wouldn't swear to it.

BTW, installed Sequoia 1500 via OpenCore Legacy Patcher.

So, interesting know if anyone else experiencing pairing issues whether supported or unsupported model

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Well, my phone 'sees' the iMac, but the iMac does not pair up via Bluetooth. The iMac is 17,1{2015 I5 27incher} iMac Bluetooth 4.0, iPhone SE 3rd gen Bluetooth 5.0. Don't know if BT4 is compatible with BT5; seems they should be, I just wouldn't swear to it.
I thought iPhone Mirroring required Apple Silicon or T2 Intel Mac.

Reactions: eSaF-Eddie

GDMcG

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Not working for me either - but I also can not sign in to messages or FaceTime on macOS 15

majordude

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
View attachment 2419169
This is what I am getting. I've tried signing out and in of my Apple ID on both devices. I restarted both devices. Bluetooth and Wifi are working on both devices. Any ideas?
Not working for me either. I have a M1 Mini and iPhone 14 Pro Max. Both with latest updates (today). The Mac doesn't even see the phone literally 3" away. Rebooted both. Logged in and out of Apple on the mini. Nada.

GDMcG

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Not working for me either. I have a M1 Mini and iPhone 14 Pro Max. Both with latest updates (today). The Mac doesn't even see the phone literally 3" away. Rebooted both. Logged in and out of Apple on the mini. Nada.
Whatever is going on is also affecting older devices. My 2015 iMac 5k which is still stuck on 12.7.6 cannot login to FaceTime either now. I signed out of FaceTime on it during troubleshooting and can no longer log back in to FaceTime on it. As of 8:53 PM EDT still cannot logging to Apple Messages or FaceTime on my M1 MBP that I updated to macOS 15.0 Sequoia. The MBP prompted me to login to both after I updated and it can’t loggin to either - it just has the spinner wait wheel going forever.

GDMcG

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008

BTW, installed Sequoia 1500 via OpenCore Legacy Patcher.

So, interesting know if anyone else experiencing pairing issues whether supported or unsupported model
This feature requires a Mac with T2 or Apple Silicon.

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 9.41.17 PM.png

I am having the same issue. M1 Pro Mac, iPhone 15 Pro Max. I tried restarting both lots of times. I also tried the "Reset iPhone Access" setting but that didn't seem to do anything. I have tried toggling Bluetooth and that hasn't made a difference either.

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Okay, so I may have identified the cause of the issue. I tried running AirPlay from Podcasts on my iPhone to Mac, and it just wasn’t detecting it at all. But it was working earlier in the day before I updated. Then I checked the settings and in Mac it was set to only allow AirPlay from my Apple Account. When I set to allow for any account, it was allowing me to AirPlay to the Mac. AirDrop was working regardless. So it seems like this issue is caused by the Mac not recognizing the iPhone as being on the same Apple Account, even though they are. I don’t know how to fix the problem though.

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Okay. Phew! Finally got it to work. I entered Recovery Mode for MacOS and installed a fresh copy of macOS Sequoia. Then I deleted my copy of iOS 18 and downloaded a fresh copy. I then flashed that onto my iPhone 15 Pro. I also have a 3rd gen SE I keep around as a backup, so I updated that one to iOS 18 OTA. This time when I opened iPhone Mirroring,
Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 11.06.55 PM.png

I got this screen. But then it was picking up the wrong iPhone! I was getting prompted on the SE instead of the 15PM. I went into settings and then saw a new message:
Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 11.27.24 PM.png

When I went there, I saw the option to choose between 2 iPhones. I selected my 15 Pro, and then I finally got the prompt on phone to set up. It's finally working!

Reactions: hr10

GDMcG

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
So for me my issue was I was using the CloudFlare DNS in my home Eero network. Once I set my Eero WiFi to use my ISP DNS I was able to finally use iPhone Mirroring (also the issues with Messages and iCloud logins also resolved). So if after multiple reboots you are still not having luck, try changing your DNS if you can.

mac-kitty

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2023
USA
So for me my issue was I was using the CloudFlare DNS in my home Eero network. Once I set my Eero WiFi to use my ISP DNS I was able to finally use iPhone Mirroring (also the issues with Messages and iCloud logins also resolved). So if after multiple reboots you are still not having luck, try changing your DNS if you can.
I finally have mirroring working, but FaceTime is still not working on my MacBook Air and my iPhone. I haven't bothered my DNS settings from the ISP-originated ones.

Bazza1

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Mine says the phone is use and will connect when not being used, but then, when its not, it times out before connecting. So the App clearly 'sees' the phone, but has issues.

Boring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.