Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
From my Apple chip mac, unlocking face ID works with touch ID to open apps /locked notes.

On my intel iMac Pro, Face ID doesn't work. I've tried typing a password but apps don't take this

Looks like an apple bug unless anyone has this working.

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
From my Apple chip mac, unlocking face ID works with touch ID to open apps /locked notes.

On my intel iMac Pro, Face ID doesn't work. I've tried typing a password but apps don't take this

Looks like an apple bug unless anyone has this working.
Say right on iPhone Mirroring support page Face ID not supported with iPhone Mirroring.
"Access to the iPhone camera and mic is not available in iPhone Mirroring, including for Face ID or phone calls."

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
I can use iphone mirroring to access face ID on my M chip mac to login to apps or notes.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Are you using the right password? It should be your Mac's login password...not the iPhone's passcode/password.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
1) Steps to reproduce:
2) start iPhone mirroring
3) open a locked note or a locked app that requires face ID

M series Mac the app opens as you can use touch id on the keyboard

intel mac asks for a password and the app doesn't accept it - the app/note doesn't open.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.