Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QJOTech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2024
So I recently bought an iPhone 6s from a flea market for 1€. The phone doesn't boot or even charge. Can someone please tell me the issue. I have linked the phone front and back. Thank you

Attachments

• 20240526_083705.jpg
    20240526_083705.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 20240526_083711.jpg
    20240526_083711.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 49

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
Have you tried different power sources and cables?

Additionally, you may need to be extra patient:
Apple said:
Depending on how long you store your device, it may be in a low-battery state when you remove it from long-term storage. After it’s removed from storage, it may require 20 minutes of charging with the original adapter before you can use it.

If none of that works, I assume the battery is too far gone.

DarkSorrow82

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2016
Minocqua, WI
Have you tried different power sources and cables?

Additionally, you may need to be extra patient:

If none of that works, I assume the battery is too far gone.

That’s what I was thinking since he said it doesn’t turn on. I have a feeling the battery is to far depleted too work. Those iPhones are pretty old.

QJOTech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2024
That’s what I was thinking since he said it doesn’t turn on. I have a feeling the battery is to far depleted too work. Those iPhones are pretty old.
I will try to charge it but if it doesn't boot and has the same problem I'll reply

QJOTech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2024
I gave charged the phone overnight and nothing still shows black screen on the screen.

DarkSorrow82

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2016
Minocqua, WI
I gave charged the phone overnight and nothing still shows black screen on the screen.

It’s a paper weight then. Try these steps and see if anything happens.

Press and hold the Home button. While holding the Home button, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
Continue holding both buttons for about 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

svintuss

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2021
I have a 6S Plus with a similar problem. Got it new, used it for several years, replaced the unit under warranty, replaced the battery once more, then demoted it to a backup device. After lying on a shelf for a couple of months it refused to power on or take charge.
Apple's verdict was a faulty logic or charging board. Appears to be a common problem among these units. Simply replacing battery won't help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.