Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acgmph

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
Around the world
Today only, they give you $200 service credit if you BYOD, iPhones included. I might jump on this and test it out until I run out of their free service credit.

"Already have a phone you love? Bring your phone to Fi and get $200 Fi service credit." from here: https://fi.google.com/about/phones/

theshoehorn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Today only, they give you $200 service credit if you BYOD, iPhones included. I might jump on this and test it out until I run out of their free service credit.

"Already have a phone you love? Bring your phone to Fi and get $200 Fi service credit." from here: https://fi.google.com/about/phones/

I thought I read you are required to port your number tho... So maybe not as easy of a test lol

Reactions: Newtons Apple

bimmahh

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2011
I think you need to port your # in..

New Google Fi users must transfer (port-in) their current personal number over to Google Fi during sign up. The number being transferred must be currently active and have been active with the previous carrier and the user since 8/28/18 12:00 AM PT.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
I had Fi with a Pixel, a Pixel 2 and a Pixel 3... I was almost always on T-Mobile network. Not sure if the iPhone will switch between carriers like their approved devices can but something to consider.. I assume if it does not switch between carriers you'll be on T-Mobile 24/7...

dongz9

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2018
Does anyone know if Google Fi works with eSim on iPhone Xs? Also, does it work with Apple Watch?

acgmph

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
Around the world
Does anyone know if Google Fi works with eSim on iPhone Xs? Also, does it work with Apple Watch?

It will definitely not work with Apple Watch. Only carriers support the Apple Watch (Verizon, AT&T, TMo and Sprint). No MVNO supports Apple Watch.

I also would like to know if they support eSIM.

Bballrob

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2017
Alaska
I had Fi with a Pixel, a Pixel 2 and a Pixel 3... I was almost always on T-Mobile network. Not sure if the iPhone will switch between carriers like their approved devices can but something to consider.. I assume if it does not switch between carriers you'll be on T-Mobile 24/7...

What if you live in an area with no T-Mobile service?? I’m in Alaska and our only national carriers are AT&T and Verizon.

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
What if you live in an area with no T-Mobile service?? I’m in Alaska and our only national carriers are AT&T and Verizon.

Fi does not partner with either of them so I assume Fi is a no go for you.. Fi uses T-Mo, Sprint and US Cellular. Their approved devices can switch between the 3....

I assume non approved devices like the iPhone would use T-Mobile but I don't know for sure..

As far as the eSim goes, the approved devices like the Pixel 3 use eSim so maybe that will work with the iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.