Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srkngk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2018
Turkey
Hello !!

Someone has below issue on the pro/pro max iphones ?

I bought Pro max 64GB - Midnight Green last Sunday from Milano Apple store and when I turned back my country(Turkey) I openned the box and I saw 2 chipped scratch on the metal case :( ..

Yes, these are not shown if using case but It' s really annoying and I' m not sure Apple Turkey will accept it or not.. :(:mad:

15a0aab1-1f10-42bc-bd0b-44539f1b7925.JPG IMG_5496.jpg
Thanks,

srkngk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2018
Turkey
Why didn’t you check it in store or after purchase?

Without return to Apple there’s not a lot that can be done sadly.

I did not imagine could be like this problem on the brandnew phone and did not want to open at the store.. After that I' ll check my all purchase at the store.:(

sjperformance

macrumors 68010
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Always always always open and check your phones at apple store. Actually all my local Miami stores they ask you repeatedly if you can open in store. Of course you can decline as I have in the past. I believe they do this in Miami stores since we are big electronics resale market. So limit resale and limit these situations like yours.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Yeah after getting to my car in the parking lot of my Apple store and opening a non-functioning Series 4 watch I'll never again leave the store without checking everything works/looks good.

FlippyGonnaSnap

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2019
Unfortunately your device’s warranty is only eligible in the country of purchase.

Then you’ve got the task of convincing the employees that it came out of the box like that. The response could be different from store to store.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I open my iPhone box at the Apple Store now, too. I opened an 11 Pro Max at Apple and noticed a small chip in the back glass, and I exchanged it immediately. I'd hate to open a phone at home and find damage, try to return it, and have Apple say that I caused the damage. It's not likely, but I'd rather open it in the store in front of an Apple rep.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I did not imagine could be like this problem on the brandnew phone and did not want to open at the store.. After that I' ll check my all purchase at the store.:(

Youre from Turkey and you bought it from Milan. I wouldn’t have taken the chance of anything being wrong so you have pulled it Out to make sure.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
Unfortunately your device’s warranty is only eligible in the country of purchase.

That's false. Apple'e warranties, if not truly international in all markets, do cross borders, and there are plenty of examples noted here were service was provided outside the original country of purchase. Personally, I have received warranty service in the U.S. for an iPhone that was purchased in another country.

Apple's sales policies are specific to each region, so the OP would not able to return their device purchased in Milan to the store in Istanbul, or another country.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.