Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jparker402

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2016
Bellevue, NE
I am considering a scanner app for my new iPhone 8. I see that Google Scan comes highly rated, and has th feature of being able to download into Google Photos. I don't have Google Photos; instead I am learning to use Apple Photos on my iPhone and on my MacBook Air. I have did a quick look at the internet and found ways of loading photos from the iPhone and from Apple Photos into Google Photos, but see nothing on loading photos from Google Photos or Google Scan into Apple Photos.

My goal is a fast way to turn snap shots into a digitized format and then to organize them. Would rather not have two different storage and organizational methods, if possible.

Wondering if someone could comment on the use of Google Scan, and maybe Google Photos, to do this. Or recommend an alternative app. (And before you comment, I do have an HP Photosmart 6520 that does scans if I can get the snap shots out of the album and onto the flatbed.)

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
If your "Photoscan for Google Photos" and "Google Photos" apps are both signed into the same Google account then whatever you scan will be automatically added to your Google Photos.

If you open Google Photos, touch the three-dot menu and touch "Select Photos", you can bulk copy selected photos to the iOS "Photos" app by touching the share icon and then "Save (x) images"... (x) being the number of photos selected. Once you've saved them, you can delete them from Google Photos.

Be sure to configure Google Photos to save full-size images...not reduced-size ones. If you do the scan/save/delete as you go then you don't have to worry about the 15GB limit imposed on free Google accounts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.