Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buzzdriver

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2021
Hi people,

i am close to jump from a bridge!

I got an old iPhone SE from 2016 and i replaced a broken screen with a new one (pre assembled display with camera, microphone, etc.). Everything is working fine, except the front microphone. When recording a voice message within iMessage all it records is a white-noise-like sound. I tried 3 different displays from different vendors – no luck! :-(

I read several threads on Reddit, but it didn´t help. When i put the old display back, the recording are fine.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
/M

buzzdriver

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2021
Well i tried 3 different displays from 3 different vendors.Very uncertain, that all 3 are broken, don´t you think?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Well i tried 3 different displays from 3 different vendors.Very uncertain, that all 3 are broken, don´t you think?
Well if you put the original screen back in and it works I'd say something has to be wrong with the 3rd party screens, either the mic or the connector isn't seating properly. I've only used screens/batteries from ifixit in the past and had good results.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.