Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amancos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2018
My daughter has an iphone se. It would charge until 20% so I replaced the battery. Good to go with that. Now when I go to charge it it won't show the charging symbol and won't charge

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
My daughter has an iphone se. It would charge until 20% so I replaced the battery. Good to go with that. Now when I go to charge it it won't show the charging symbol and won't charge
Have you tried a different charging cable and/or charger? If that doesn't work then perhaps something didn't go correctly with the battery replacement.

Amancos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2018
Yes got a new one. I looked at the part that goes into the phone on both charging cables and there is the same mark/scratch on both. I might have to replace the charging port.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2017
Yes got a new one. I looked at the part that goes into the phone on both charging cables and there is the same mark/scratch on both. I might have to replace the charging port.

Hello try connecting the iPhone to a computer and back the phone up, then restore the phone and see if it starts charging, hope you get it sorted out

Amancos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2018
Update.. I changed the battery and got a new charging port. Well I changed the battery put everything back together. Got the charging port in the mail now one of the main screws are stripped and I can't get it out

Reactions: ThatiPhoneKid

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2017
Update.. I changed the battery and got a new charging port. Well I changed the battery put everything back together. Got the charging port in the mail now one of the main screws are stripped and I can't get it out

I recommend taking it to your local Apple store and they should be able to get it fixed for you. Best of luck and happy new year

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.