Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingsley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
A couple months ago, I bought a brand-new iPhone SE (3rd generation, 2022 vintage) direct from Apple, with AppleCare.

I am extremely happy with my SE. It is very compact and fits in a pants pocket. It is fast, like a rocket! This is in contrast to my previous smartphone, the buggy, unreliable, sluggish Lenovo-Motorola Moto G6 Play. (Also: the G6 Play had truly horrible battery life.)

One major problem for me: this is my first iPhone. The only iOS experience I've ever had was with an older iPad running iOS 12.

There are many skills/procedures that transfer over from Android to iPhone easily enough, but there are others that do not and sometimes I get a little lost. I need to know if there are YouTube videos I should look for (and effective search terms) that can help me get up to speed and learn how to get the most out of my iPhone SE.

One thing bothers me: when I swipe up from the bottom of the screen I get a control center-type screen where I can turn on "airplane mode". This is helpful at night. There is another button next to "airplane mode" that I have never seen before. What is that, and why does it spontaneously turn itself on sometimes?

Also, I cant recall my iPhone ever ringing. So far, I haven't missed any important calls, but a couple calls went to voice mail. Is there a setting I should know about?

Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.