Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanWeber

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2015
The folks at the AT&T store said that the iPhone SE would be discontinued soon, but I'm not sure if I should believe them. Has anyone heard rumors that Apple is headed this way with the SE ?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The folks at the AT&T store said that the iPhone SE would be discontinued soon, but I'm not sure if I should believe them. Has anyone heard rumors that Apple is headed this way with the SE ?

I would not believe everything you hear from the carrier. That also has been rumored since last April that it was going to be discontinued before the summer started and it's still for sale regularly. When it's discontinued, Apple will remove it from their lineup and you will likely read about it here first.

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
Sounds like speculation. As long as it is still selling I think it will remain their entry level budget phone until it is hopefully refreshed.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Sometimes an SKU will be discontinued, but that doesn’t mean the actual lineup being discontinued.

Then again, we do expect a new SE early next year.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
The rumors were the SE would be replaced Spring 2018. That’s not soon but not far off either.

Reactions: kazmac

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The folks at the AT&T store said that the iPhone SE would be discontinued soon,
Do you really think the front lines people at an ATT retail store would have inside knowledge of what Apple will be doing???

I think at best its just a speculative rumor, that they're just passing on. Apple may very well discontinue it, but I find that highly unlikely. I think the SE fits a need and the sales of the SE (at least from what Cook has said in the past), is such that apple is very happy with its performance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.