Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Miz_Gold

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
World
If I buy an iPhone in China, will the set up be different? I have read in various sites about people complaining that their iPhone is in Chinese. I thought you are to choose your language of choice during setup. Another thing is that if I buy this iPhone in China and I set it up using English, will the apps be in English or Chinese? Thank you

Miz_Gold

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
World
Not sure about language, but be very very careful to get a genuine iPhone - there are a lot of fakes and copies for sale in China.
Yea, I know. That's why I will buy directly from the apple online store. The nearest apple store is far from my location.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm not sure about the iPhone but some makers, such as Samsung, make phones for use specifically in China and certain features, such as the Google play store, cannot be installed onto these phones.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Iphones bought from different world regions might have restrictions or bands and frequencies missing to connect to various wireless providers.
You should purchase one made for the carrier you will use it on the most.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.