Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tempacc23

Cancelled
Original poster
Jul 12, 2022
Hi all,

After trying the iOS 16 developer beta for a couple days/weeks I decided it was time to go back to iOS 15, so I deleted the profile from my phone and started the resetting proces through my Macbook (do this once in a while to clean up the phone, never goes wrong). But before I did that, I also changed my Apple ID-password through my phone, thinking it can't hurt changing this every now and then. During the resetting-process something clearly went wrong because my iPhone 13 is constantly stuck on the apple-logo, in some sort of boot loop. Putting it in DFU-mode, trying to connect it to the MacBook or letting the phone battery drain out doesn't work. To make things worse, I haven't updated my password yet on my Macbook and I can't because it send a conformation code to my phone number (which is an e-sim and is only used by my phone).

I am going to the Apple Store today or tomorrow but was hoping someone here might have some tips on what to do now.

So in short: iPhone stuck in bootloop, Macbook can't access iCloud since verification code is only send to iPhone and Macbook doesn't receive these codes (so buying new iPhone and logging in to iCloud probably doesn't work either).

Hope I explained it well and someone smarter than me knows what to do in this mess I made.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.