Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2017
After 2.5 years, my iPhone 6 Plus touch screen didn't response well. So I went to Apple Store. I was told it could be my fault like dropping or bending the phone. My phone is in perfect cosmetic condition and it's in a case. I was going to trade in for a new model. Because I had to get a working phone so I could go on a trip. So I paid $149 for a replacement. So would I trade it in for a new model in a few weeks? Probably not.

Later I confirmed it's a design flaw and $149 for a replacement is Apply's solution for its design flaw. Basically customers pay $149 for Apply's design flaw or mistake. Later they can make more money by fixing the phone in China for $5. What a great/greedy company!

BTW, a colleague told me he got a free replacement a few days ago for his out of warranty iPhone for the same issue after talking to manager in Apple store for an hour.

If one day Apply makes Apply car, I hope it can still ask buyers to pay for design flaws or manufacturing problems. Otherwise it will be doomed to fail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.