Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stacked

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Has anyone this year done in-store pick-up on the iPhone upgrade program and returned their old device on the spot? Usually, they send a prepaid box that you mail back and they do all the checks to make sure it's not damaged, close the old loan and start a new loan for the new phone.

I just picked up my iPhone 13 Pro and the reps seemed clueless initially but they were able to take the old phone. The only thing is I didn't receive an email or anything stating that my trade-in was being processed or anything. I'm just concerned that they're going to tell me the phone wasn't returned and that I owe the remainder of the balance on the old phone that I no longer have.

DarkKnight1968

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2017
Has anyone this year done in-store pick-up on the iPhone upgrade program and returned their old device on the spot? Usually, they send a prepaid box that you mail back and they do all the checks to make sure it's not damaged, close the old loan and start a new loan for the new phone.

I just picked up my iPhone 13 Pro and the reps seemed clueless initially but they were able to take the old phone. The only thing is I didn't receive an email or anything stating that my trade-in was being processed or anything. I'm just concerned that they're going to tell me the phone wasn't returned and that I owe the remainder of the balance on the old phone that I no longer have.

I’ve done in-store pick-up/trade-in every year except last year (because of Covid). I always receive an email confirming that the phone I returned has been inspected and accepted for the return. This year I received the email about 2.5-3 hours after I left the store.

Stacked

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve done in-store pick-up/trade-in every year except last year (because of Covid). I always receive an email confirming that the phone I returned has been inspected and accepted for the return. This year I received the email about 2.5-3 hours after I left the store.
It's barely been 1 hour for me so hoping that's the case for me too! When you've done the trade-in did you ever get a return receipt initially? Or do you just have to wait for that email.

DarkKnight1968

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2017
It's barely been 1 hour for me so hoping that's the case for me too! When you've done the trade-in did you ever get a return receipt initially? Or do you just have to wait for that email.

I’ve never gotten a receipt. Just the email confirmation, which usually takes a few hours.

Reactions: Stacked

deleon

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2010
I asked for a paper receipt as proof of my drop off. I also got emailed the receipt pretty quickly. This showed me paying off the loan. Then slightly over an hour, I got an email Your Trade in is complete. Finally, less than two hours after the return, I got an email from Citizens saying Your loan has been closed.

Reactions: Stacked

Stacked

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
I asked for a paper receipt as proof of my drop off. I also got emailed the receipt pretty quickly. This showed me paying off the loan. Then slightly over an hour, I got an email Your Trade in is complete. Finally, less than two hours after the return, I got an email from Citizens saying Your loan has been closed.
? I should have insisted on getting a receipt. No email so far but hopefully I'll get it sooner rather than later.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2008

I got an email receipt and a paper copy of it before I left the store. I was less than happy with my in store experience, but at least he got that right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.