Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myworld2008

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
Hello

I am thinking to go with iPhone upgrade program but i have few questions.

If i order new iPhone Xs Max using iPhone upgrade program with T-Mobile network, then does the iPhone come Unlocked ? Can this iPhone be used with Verizon ?

I chatted with two different Apple support staff and both are saying something different. One said yes iPhone can be used with any carrier becuase all iPhone shipped using iPhone upgrade program are unlocked.
and second staff said No. i cannot use T-Mobile iPhone order using iPhone upgrade program in Verizon because it is locked iPhone.

So i want to see if any one who currently have iPhone upgrade program and confirm that i can use the iPhone with any carrier or i must use with one carrier only ???

Thank you Advance.
[doublepost=1536862686][/doublepost]Any one ?

Kahsheh

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
Hello

I am thinking to go with iPhone upgrade program but i have few questions.

If i order new iPhone Xs Max using iPhone upgrade program with T-Mobile network, then does the iPhone come Unlocked ? Can this iPhone be used with Verizon ?

I chatted with two different Apple support staff and both are saying something different. One said yes iPhone can be used with any carrier becuase all iPhone shipped using iPhone upgrade program are unlocked.
and second staff said No. i cannot use T-Mobile iPhone order using iPhone upgrade program in Verizon because it is locked iPhone.

So i want to see if any one who currently have iPhone upgrade program and confirm that i can use the iPhone with any carrier or i must use with one carrier only ???

Thank you Advance.
[doublepost=1536862686][/doublepost]Any one ?

They are unlocked. If you go thru the process and pick tmobile - then select carriers compatible with the device, it says tmobile, Verizon, at&t and sprint.

myworld2008

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
Thanks. i don't know but Apple chat is giving me different information. i talked to one more guy and he said No. i can not use Tmobile iPhone Xs on verizon. it must be used with T-Mobile even if i order using IPhone upgrade program.

brianld

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Seattle
From what I gather, they are fully unlocked devices from day one, regardless of carrier you choose. As far as I can tell, the only reason they ask you to specify a carrier is so that you get a device with that carrier's SIM already in it (where applicable).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.