Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scuba629

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
I'm new to the iPhone Upgrade Program this year. When I signed up for the Upgrade Program it asked for a credit credit so I gave any card in my wallet. I thought I would be able to use Apple Pay for that but didn't see any options. Anyways going forward I would like to put the monthly charges on my Apple Card. When visiting the link to Citizens One I don't see anything about Apple Pay but I can put in another credit card. Should I just use the card info from the Wallet app? I was under the impression that when using the card that way I only got 1% not the 3% im looking for.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
You get 3% through Citizens One using just the card number. I’ve been doing it since the Apple Card came out.

Reactions: BSoares

Scuba629

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
So just copy the card number from the wallet app and put it into the Citizens One web page?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
So just copy the card number from the wallet app and put it into the Citizens One web page?
Yep. Just go through the method of changing payment info. With that being said, it probably wont mess anything up, but I would wait until you have the phone. I know that I've already been charged for the sales tax on my phone so if there is something pending it could interfere.

Reactions: Scuba629

huggyb

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2007
Yep. Just go through the method of changing payment info. With that being said, it probably wont mess anything up, but I would wait until you have the phone. I know that I've already been charged for the sales tax on my phone so if there is something pending it could interfere.
hey you seem to know things, more than apple store people do. Do you know, is the IUP program only through citizens one and then they just use whatever credit card you give them? or is there an option with IUP to use the apple card straight up and avoid citizen one?

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
hey you seem to know things, more than apple store people do. Do you know, is the IUP program only through citizens one and then they just use whatever credit card you give them? or is there an option with IUP to use the apple card straight up and avoid citizen one?
The iUp is based on you getting a "loan" for the full amount of the new iPhone. And Citizen's Bank is the one that Apple uses for it. If you make the Apple Card payments, that is a different option. And from what I have read here the full amount of the iPhone is deducted from your available credit on the Apple Card until the payments are made.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
I signed up for the program a couple hours ago. Do I get something saying approved or denied? The Appstore app just put a green check next to that step and said come back on the 6th to finish the order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.