Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csilvia

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
Rhode Island
Hi everyone!! So unpaid off my iPhone 12 Pro’s iPhone Upgrade Program Loan since it’s being traded off into the fam. This leaves me with a XS Max that I’m hoping to trade in and lower my monthly loan payments.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

During the iPhone Upgrade Program sign up it only asks for the currently enrolled iPhone to be traded in, which in this case it’s not. I know the Apple Card Installment Plans allow for trade in but I’d prefer the Upgrade Program.

Thanks in advanced for any help, I appreciate it!!

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
Hi everyone!! So unpaid off my iPhone 12 Pro’s iPhone Upgrade Program Loan since it’s being traded off into the fam. This leaves me with a XS Max that I’m hoping to trade in and lower my monthly loan payments.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

During the iPhone Upgrade Program sign up it only asks for the currently enrolled iPhone to be traded in, which in this case it’s not. I know the Apple Card Installment Plans allow for trade in but I’d prefer the Upgrade Program.

Thanks in advanced for any help, I appreciate it!!

I think your saying you paid off your upgrade phone, if this is the case you would just start a new iPhone upgrade program. I don’t think you can trade in another phone.

weeesss

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2017
Wouldn't that just be a simple trade-in of your old phone towards a new purchase, reducing the cost of the new one?

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
You cannot trade in a phone towards the Upgrade program unless the phone you're trading in was acquired through the Upgrade program.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.