Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enrincon89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Anyone one on iPhone Upgrade Program with T-Mobile as the carrier. Did you had give a down payment ?

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm on T-Mobile with the iPhone Upgrade Program and only had to pay the normal first month Citizens payment and the tax.

enrincon89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
I'm on T-Mobile with the iPhone Upgrade Program and only had to pay the normal first month Citizens payment and the tax.

Ok, thanks. I’m asking because I might switch carriers. I know if you finance/lease the phone through T-Mobile they require a down payment.

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Ok, thanks. I’m asking because I might switch carriers. I know if you finance/lease the phone through T-Mobile they require a down payment.

Yes. The iPhone upgrade program is the same for everyone, just the first monthly payment and tax. It was $179 and some change for me.

enrincon89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Yes. The iPhone upgrade program is the same for everyone, just the first monthly payment and tax. It was $179 and some change for me.

By the way, did T-Mobile charge you an upgrade fee of $30? Because I know AT&T did and I think Verizon it’s doing the same.

weesy

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Does anyone have jump with T-Mobile and decide to enroll in the Apple upgrade program to upgrade this time? I’m currently at my jump point and am wondering what the process for this is. Do i just go turn in my phone at T-Mobile after or how does it work?

nyc2pdx

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2012
Portland, Oregon
I live in Oregon, so no sales tax for me. :) I will be charged the first month payment only, for me, $60 and change.

Nothing about a T-mobile charge either. I just joined IUP this time around.

Reactions: a reader

enrincon89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Does anyone have jump with T-Mobile and decide to enroll in the Apple upgrade program to upgrade this time? I’m currently at my jump point and am wondering what the process for this is. Do i just go turn in my phone at T-Mobile after or how does it work?
How much do you owe T-Mobile for your current phone ? Because if you don’t owe that much money you can trade in the phone that you have to the Apple store and they’ll give you credit for it and then pay T-Mobile. Once you don’t owe anything join the iPhone Upgrade Program through Apple.

weesy

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
How much do you owe T-Mobile for your current phone ? Because if you don’t owe that much money you can trade in the phone that you have to the Apple store and they’ll give you credit for it and then pay T-Mobile. Once you don’t owe anything join the iPhone Upgrade Program through Apple.

I’m at the half way point of being paid off so I’m eligible to jump and upgrade through T-Mobile. Normally that’s the route I would go but the upfront down payment is a whole lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.