Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aroopc82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2019
Hello all, newbie here - would be grateful for your tips. I have searched the forum for solutions but nothing has worked so far.

I have an iPhone 7, with 128GB capacity. Available capacity is 22GB. According to when I look at the Photos app, there are 1966 photos, 543 videos and 3002 items. I have switched battery saver off, autolock off.

I recently purchased 200GB for iCloud account and am trying to upload. Its simply not uploading.
At home, there was no progress after 3-4 days. My home fibre line only has upload speed of 2MBPS. so I am using my office line, which has an upload speed of 80MBPS. The numebr of items went down from 3002 to 2500 over the course of 24 hours, before freezing, and then when i switched off and on the icloud photos toggle (one recommendation) it restarted the whole process.

Can anyone suggest any tips? is there a third party software that could help, or should i avoid this altogether?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Hello all, newbie here - would be grateful for your tips. I have searched the forum for solutions but nothing has worked so far.

I have an iPhone 7, with 128GB capacity. Available capacity is 22GB. According to when I look at the Photos app, there are 1966 photos, 543 videos and 3002 items. I have switched battery saver off, autolock off.

I recently purchased 200GB for iCloud account and am trying to upload. Its simply not uploading.
At home, there was no progress after 3-4 days. My home fibre line only has upload speed of 2MBPS. so I am using my office line, which has an upload speed of 80MBPS. The numebr of items went down from 3002 to 2500 over the course of 24 hours, before freezing, and then when i switched off and on the icloud photos toggle (one recommendation) it restarted the whole process.

Can anyone suggest any tips? is there a third party software that could help, or should i avoid this altogether?
Uploading a large amount of photos and videos as you're trying to do can take several days. I would just let it run normally and check it in a few days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.