Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does your iPhone X get warm using Facebook or browsing on safari for 10-20 minutes?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

breez3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2018
My iPhone X has been getting warmer when browsing facebook just wondering if it is normal? I checked the temp with a thermometer and it was at 90 degrees Fahrenheit in a 72 degree room just scrolling and reading after 20 minutes of straight use.

Is this temp normal?

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
The Facebook app is a resource hog for some people even though personally I’ve not had any such issues. Monitor if this happens with other apps.

Krabba

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2013
Charlotte, NC USA
My iPhone X has been getting warmer when browsing facebook just wondering if it is normal? I checked the temp with a thermometer and it was at 90 degrees Fahrenheit in a 72 degree room just scrolling and reading after 20 minutes of straight use.

Is this temp normal?

From experience with older iPhones as well as my X this is normal behavior. Both apps are processor intensive generating more heat than say Messages. No reason to be concerned... unless you smell smoke or see a flame ;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.