Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M.ahmed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2019
EBC7CC96-BC46-48B3-8505-B97789AB5332.png 4E6BCB09-0EC5-4CB8-94AC-72111714EC88.png I have been having this problem that the weather app is blank. And the time is incorrect. I have turned location services to always on but it still doesnt show. I have attached the screenshots. When i ask siri about my location and weather she gets it right.
What i have done so far :
I have deleted and reinstalled the weather app.
I have checked the time zone and date and time and they are correct.
I have reset location and privacy settings.
I have reset all settings.
But still it is like this. Please help me. The inbuilt app is simple and i need it.
(P.S. i cant add my city because it doesnt show up )
and i have iphone 7 and i bought it recently. Ios 12.1.4

kargurin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2015
Seems like the most common sense troubleshooting step is to DL another of the bazillion weather apps out there and see if you get the same issue...maybe one that does use Weather Channel and another that doesn't.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I have experienced this before with the stock weather app. Have you force closed the app? What about a hard reset of your device?

M.ahmed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2019
I have hard reset. Nothing. I have downloaded other apps and used even the weather channel app. They work fine. Even siri tells the right weather.
[doublepost=1549984497][/doublepost]I just need to know why it isnt working. Its bothering me. Any settings that may be affecting the weather app??
[doublepost=1549984613][/doublepost]Please help me find a solution
[doublepost=1549984725][/doublepost]What fixed it?
I have experienced this before with the stock weather app. Have you force closed the app? What about a hard reset of your device?

squizzler

Suspended
Feb 11, 2019
You Kay
Stopped using iPhone's weather up cos it's rubbish and often didn't refresh the temperature making me freeze or fry to death. TO stay alive I started using BBC Weather App. Works much better and widget always refreshes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.