Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hunterfrederick

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
I know people who keep their iPhones for a year plus after they get them and their battery life seems to be next to nothing. I always assumed it was because they were constantly leaving their phone plugged in past 100% and unplugging and plugging it back in frequently and that was the reason for the poor battery life.

I have an iPhone 7 Plus and since I've had it I've never plugged it in before the phone reaches 5% and I don't unplug it until the phone hits 100%. Once a month I let the battery completely die, plug the phone in to charge till 100% and then leave it plugged in for an additional two hours past 100%. I remember reading that this was the best way to get the most out of your iPhone battery. Is this complete BS with the newer iPhones? I will admit my regimen is a bit ridiculous and unpractical.

With the new wireless charging technology, I'm curious is to how this will impact the iPhone's overall battery healh?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.